- ADG-FAD (Spanish Graphic Designers and Art Directors
- American Institute of Graphic Arts
- The American Institute of Graphic Arts is the national non-profit organization that promotes excellence in graphic design. Founded in 1914, the AIGA advances the graphic design profession through competitions, exhibitions, publications, professional seminars, educational activities, and projects in the public interest.
- Art Directors Club of Metropolitan Washington New!
- The Art Directors Club of Metropolitan Washington is a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit organization of individuals who participate in and support the art and science of visual communication. The club is the second oldest art directors club in the US.
- Association of Women Industrial Designers
- AWID is a professional organization addressing issues that women in the industrial design field face.
- The British Council
- The British Council, registered in England as a charity, is Britain's international network for education, culture and development.
- The Chartered Society of Designers
- The Chartered Society of Designers is the professional organization for designers in the UK, with some 7,500 members. It represents professionals across the disciplines of graphic, product, interior, fashion and textile design, as well as design management and design education.
- Corporate Design Foundation
- Corporate Design Foundation is a non-profit educational institution that believes both individual and organizational interests can be served through the effective use of design disciplines.
- The Design Council
- The Design Council is the UK's national authority on design. It believes that design makes the difference by improving the UK's prosperity and well-being. Working at the local, national and international level, the Design Council influences industry, Government and education to use design more effectively.
- European Academy of Design
- European Academy of Design promotes the publication and dissemination of design research through conferences, publication of proceedings and newsletters. The aim is to provide a forum for established researchers and academics new to research, to disseminate their work and collaborate in research.
- The IDSA site has been recently redesigned and moved. IDSA is a national organization of 2500 industrial designers, manufacturers, industrial design representatives,writers, publicists, design critics, educators, and students. Founded in the 1930s, IDSA promotes the industrial design profession and provides services and programs to help individual designers grow and develop professionally.
- Innovation Research Centre
- The Innovation Research Centre is located at the Michael G. DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada. One of the main goals of the Innovation Research Centre will be to help organizations around the world become globally competitive through the effective management of innovation.
- International Council of Societies of Industrial Design
- The International Council of Societies of Industrial Design was founded in 1957 and has as its main aim to collect and disseminate information on design.
- International Forum on Design Management Research and Education
- The Forum is the academic branch of DMI responsible for the annual academic conference, which this year will be held in Barcelona, Spain, from November 20-23.
- Japanese Industrial Design Promotion Organization
- Japan Industrial Design Promotion Organization (JIDPO) was founded in 1969 as a non-profit organization authorized by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI). Its purpose is to promote industrial design in both consumer goods and capital goods, and thus contribute to create a better quality of life.
- Netherlands Design Institute
- The Netherlands Design Institute is a 'think-and-do tank' which identifies
new ways by which design may contribute to the economic and cultural
vitality of the community; it develops scenarios about the future, and
undertakes research projects to test them.
- Organization of Black Designers
- The Organization of Black Designers is a non-profit national professional association dedicated to promoting the visibility, education, empowerment and interaction of its membership and the understanding and value that diverse design perspectives contribute to world culture and commerce.
- The Society of Graphic Designers of Canada (Ontario Chapter)
- The Society of Graphic Designers of Canada (Ontario Chapter) is one of twelve chapters of a national, non-profit organization whose mandate is to establish and uphold professional standards, provide information and act as an advocacy group on graphic design issues as they pertain to business and education.
We welcome submissions of Web sites for non-profit design and design-management associations. Use our convenient form to submit the URL.
This document was last updated December 31, 1996.