- Antioch University -- Graduate Programs in Whole Systems Design New!
- This master's degree cross-functional program integrates the following concepts: Wholism; Systems Theory; and Design.
- Art Center College of Design
- ACCD is the center of many west coast DMI activities. Ted Shida, one of DMI's Regional Directors, is located at Art Center.
- Auburn University -- College of Architecture, Industrial Design and Construction Newly Updated!
- Carnegie-Mellon University
- The Design Department of the School of Fine Arts offers the following programs: BFA Communication Design, BFA Industrial Design, MDes Interaction Design, and MA Communication Planning & Design.
- Curtin University, School of Design, Perth, Western Australia
- The School of Design has major studies in Graphic Design, Photography, Product, Illustration, Advertising, Human Environment, and Multimedia. Undergraduate, Masters, and Research Ph.D. degrees are offered. The school also has offshore Masters programs in Malaysia and Singapore.
- Delft University of Technology -- Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering
- The Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering offers a full five-year curriculum in Industrial Design Engineering.
- De Montfort University -- The School of Design and Manufacture New!
- The Department of Design Management at De Montfort University offers the following degrees: BA (Hons) Design Management; BA (Hons) Multimedia Design; and a MA/MSc Design & Manufacture. The University also has a Department of Industrial and Graphic Design, and a Department of Textiles and Fashion.
- Graphic Design Schools
- An index of graphic design educational programs with web-accessible information.
- Harvard Business School Publishing
- Harvard Business School Publishing is the exclusive distributor of all
DMI case studies.
- Harvard University Graduate School of Design
- Institute of Design at Illinois Institute of Technology
- Institute of Industrial Design, National College of Art and Design, Oslo, Norway
- The Institute of Industrial Design (IFID) is the only Norwegian institution to offer an industrial design program.
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design
- Among the areas of study offered at MCAD are Graphic Design, Illustration, and Advertising Design.
- North Carolina State University Newly Updated!
- The School of Design offers the follwing degrees: Bachelor of Environmental Design in Architecture, Design and Technology, Graphic Design, and Landscape Architecture; as well as Master of Architecture, Design and Technology, and Graphic Design.
- Ohio State University -- The Department of Industrial, Interior, and Visual Communication Design Newly Updated!
The Department of Industrial, Interior, and Visual Communication Design
incorporates these departments: Product Design, Interior Space, and Visual Communication.
- Pratt Institute Newly Updated!
- In addition to many other areas of study, the School of Art and Design offers a two-year excutive style program that grants a Master of Professional Studies (M.P.S.) in Design Management. The first class from this program graduated in 1996.
- The Surrey Institute of Art & Design
- The Surrey Institute of Art & Design offers a BA Honours Program in Design Management, as well as programs in Communication Design, Computer Graphics and Interactive Media, Fashion Design, Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Interior Design, and Media Arts
- University of Art and Design Helsinki UIAH Newly Updated!
- Among the programs at UIAH are the Department of Graphic Design, the Department of Interior Architecture and Furniture Design, and the Department of Industrial Design, which includes a programs on Design Leadership and Management, as well as the International Design Business Management Programme.
- University of Northumbria, Department of Design New!
- The Department of Design offers the following degrees: BA (Hons) Transportation Design, BA (Hons) Multimedia Design, BA (Hons) Graphic Design, BA (Hons) Three Dimensional Design, BA (Hons) Fashion, BA (Hons) Fashion Marketing, and BA (Hons) Design for Industry.
- University of Westminster
- This university offers a two-year part-time specialist MBA program in design management. The program focuses on design as a key strategic factor in achieving corporate success, and is open to business managers as well as to trained designers.
We welcome submissions of Web sites for academic institutions with design and design-management related programs. Use our convenient form to submit the URL.
This document was last updated November 25, 1996.